Aarhus World Championships
Monday, August 6
After Super Sunday get ready for Big Monday. Ten classes race today – the busiest day of the Hempel Sailing World Championships Aarhus 2018. The Finn and both 470 start their gold and silver fleets. Laser and Laser Radial are the only classes on a lay day.
- Finn (Gold & Silver fleet starts)
- Women’s 470 (Gold & Silver fleet starts)
- Men’s 470 (Gold & Silver fleet starts)
- Formula Kite Men
- Formula Kite Women
- RS:X Men
- RS:X Women
- Nacra 17
Full schedule can be found here - aarhus2018.sailing.org/onb
Another warm front is coming and will arrive on Tuesday, but for now just the corner of it is over Denmark. That means it will be cloudy all day. The wind will start as westerly and then because of the front will swing south-west, going from 270 degrees to 240. It could shift around a bit, as it tends to do in the Bay of Aarhus.
In summary, racing will begin in 8-10 knots westerlies, maybe building and swinging to 12 knot south-westerlies by the late afternoon, gusting upto 20 knots especially closer to shore.
Temperature: 19-24 ℃
Sea temperature: 20 ℃
Day 5 Live
Day 4 Highlights
How to Follow:
- Results will be available when race commences here - https://aarhus2018.sailing.org/results.
- Videos from the Hempel Sailing World Championships are available here - https://aarhus2018.sailing.org/watch
- Click here to subscribe for live notifications.
- Sailing will be shown live on World Sailing’s YouTube and Facebook Channels from 2-12 August.
SAP SAILING ANALYTICS
- Live tracking, sailor analytics, live weather data and racing status will be available here.
- Follow the event on World Sailing's social networks and get involved in the conversation using #Aarhus2018.
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/worldsailingofficial/
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/worldsailingofficial/ / https://www.instagram.com/aarhus2018/
- Twitter - @worldsailing / @aarhus2018
- All World Sailing international press releases throughout the duration of the World Championships, including the latest news and reports, are available to read here - https://aarhus2018.sailing.org/news
- Click here to sign up to receive all of the latest alerts and announcements from the Worlds.
ABOUT THE HEMPEL SAILING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS AARHUS 2018
Held every four years, the Sailing World Championships is one of the biggest global sailing events in the world and the principal qualification event for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Sailing Competition.
Hempel Sailing World Championships Aarhus Denmark 2018 will include all 10 Olympic boat classes. Kiteboarding will be added to the programme for the first time. The ambition is to make the championships in Aarhus a unique and spectacular event, where sailing is made more popular and accessible than ever before.
The Championships will be held from 30 July to 12 August 2018 and 1,400 sailors from up to 85 nations will race in up to 1,000 boats.
Held simultaneously with the Sailing World Championships in Aarhus, a large festival will provide opportunities visiting families to get out on the water. The event expects to draw 400,000 visitors to Aarhus.