Aarhus World Championships
Wednesday, August 8
Schedule: It could be Waiting Wednesday at the Hempel Sailing World Championships Aarhus 2018 with the weather models unclear, but suggesting race conditions will not arrive until the late afternoon. The medal race line-ups for four fleets could be decided today.
- Finn (Medal race qualification decided today)
- Men’s 470 (Medal race qualification decided today)
- Laser (Medal race qualification decided today)
- Laser Radial (Medal race qualification decided today)
- Formula Kite Men
- Formula Kite Women
- Women’s 470 (Medal race on Thursday)
- RS:X men and women
- Nacra 17
There is more than one cold front approaching, so Wednesday is as tricky to forecast as it might be to sail in. The wind that comes will be mostly from the south all day, but that could mean from south-east and south-west - it is going to move around. There will be 4-10 knots, but maybe sometimes 0 knots on the inner courses.
One model suggests it could be 8 knots gusting 25 knots - if some clouds come in it could be quite extra tricky. A day of the wind turning, decreasing, increasing and turning.
More promising conditions for racing might not arrive until 17:00 (local time) as the front begins to arrive. But the cold front does not likely to pass before 19:00. Then there will be plenty of wind, 15-20 knot westerlies, gusting 30. But the cold front will pass quickly.
It will be mostly sunny, so there’s a small chance of sea breeze, but that will also have an influence on the other things going on.
It’s going to be warm today, up to 32 degrees, possibly 35 degrees.
Temperature: 26-32 ℃
Sea temperature: 21 ℃
Day 7 Live
Day 6 Highlights
How to Follow:
- Results will be available when race commences here - https://aarhus2018.sailing.org/results.
- Videos from the Hempel Sailing World Championships are available here - https://aarhus2018.sailing.org/watch
- Click here to subscribe for live notifications.
- Sailing will be shown live on World Sailing’s YouTube and Facebook Channels from 2-12 August.
SAP SAILING ANALYTICS
- Live tracking, sailor analytics, live weather data and racing status will be available here.
- Follow the event on World Sailing's social networks and get involved in the conversation using #Aarhus2018.
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/worldsailingofficial/
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/worldsailingofficial/ / https://www.instagram.com/aarhus2018/
- Twitter - @worldsailing / @aarhus2018
- All World Sailing international press releases throughout the duration of the World Championships, including the latest news and reports, are available to read here - https://aarhus2018.sailing.org/news
- Click here to sign up to receive all of the latest alerts and announcements from the Worlds.
ABOUT THE HEMPEL SAILING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS AARHUS 2018
Held every four years, the Sailing World Championships is one of the biggest global sailing events in the world and the principal qualification event for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Sailing Competition.
Hempel Sailing World Championships Aarhus Denmark 2018 will include all 10 Olympic boat classes. Kiteboarding will be added to the programme for the first time. The ambition is to make the championships in Aarhus a unique and spectacular event, where sailing is made more popular and accessible than ever before.
The Championships will be held from 30 July to 12 August 2018 and 1,400 sailors from up to 85 nations will race in up to 1,000 boats.
Held simultaneously with the Sailing World Championships in Aarhus, a large festival will provide opportunities visiting families to get out on the water. The event expects to draw 400,000 visitors to Aarhus.