Aarhus World Championships
Saturday, August 4
Schedule: Seven classes race today
- 49er (first day)
- 49erFX (first day)
- Laser Standard
- Laser Radial
- Finn (end of qualification races)
- 470 Men (end of qualification races)
- 470 Women (end of qualification races)
Full schedule can be found here - aarhus2018.sailing.org/onb
Saturday should be a good day for the fleets and race schedules with stable westerlies all day; 8-10 knots building to 12-14 knots later in the day, gusting 18 knots. It’s cloudy today. The wind models suggest a temporary shift from 270-290 degrees to 300 degrees – maybe because of the sea breeze - which might shake up some of the races.
It is always windy in Aarhus when it’s coming from the west and the sailors will feel it as they cycle, scoot and walk up to the boat parks. The 49er and 49erFX are making their start on the right day.
There is a high-pressure system over the North Atlantic and a low-pressure system over Scandinavia, with a north-westerly flow over Denmark, and more westerly in the Bay of Aarhus.
The wind is building and staying and tomorrow and should be the most visually spectacular day of the Hempel Sailing World Championships Aarhus 2018 so far.
Temperature: 21-26 ℃
Sea temperature: 23 ℃
Day 3 Live
Day 2 Highlights
How to Follow:
- Results will be available when race commences here - https://aarhus2018.sailing.org/results.
- Videos from the Hempel Sailing World Championships are available here - https://aarhus2018.sailing.org/watch
- Click here to subscribe for live notifications.
- Sailing will be shown live on World Sailing’s YouTube and Facebook Channels from 2-12 August.
SAP SAILING ANALYTICS
- Live tracking, sailor analytics, live weather data and racing status will be available here.
- Follow the event on World Sailing's social networks and get involved in the conversation using #Aarhus2018.
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/worldsailingofficial/
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/worldsailingofficial/ / https://www.instagram.com/aarhus2018/
- Twitter - @worldsailing / @aarhus2018
- All World Sailing international press releases throughout the duration of the World Championships, including the latest news and reports, are available to read here - https://aarhus2018.sailing.org/news
- Click here to sign up to receive all of the latest alerts and announcements from the Worlds.
ABOUT THE HEMPEL SAILING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS AARHUS 2018
Held every four years, the Sailing World Championships is one of the biggest global sailing events in the world and the principal qualification event for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Sailing Competition.
Hempel Sailing World Championships Aarhus Denmark 2018 will include all 10 Olympic boat classes. Kiteboarding will be added to the programme for the first time. The ambition is to make the championships in Aarhus a unique and spectacular event, where sailing is made more popular and accessible than ever before.
The Championships will be held from 30 July to 12 August 2018 and 1,400 sailors from up to 85 nations will race in up to 1,000 boats.
Held simultaneously with the Sailing World Championships in Aarhus, a large festival will provide opportunities visiting families to get out on the water. The event expects to draw 400,000 visitors to Aarhus.