Aarhus World Championships
Sunday, August 5
Schedule: Nine classes race today. Kiteboarding makes its debut in the World Championships and the windsurfers and Nacra have first day of competition too.
- Formula Kite Men (first day)
- Formula Kite Women (first day)
- RS:X Men (first day)
- RS:X Women (first day)
- Nacra 17 (first day)
- Laser Standard
- Laser Radial
Full schedule can be found here - aarhus2018.sailing.org/onb
Super Sunday is forecast for day 4 of the Hempel Sailing World Championships Aarhus 2018 with the offshore westerlies continuing to build over 20 knots - gusting 30 – on the furthest courses out in the Bay of Aarhus. It should be a good day to go flying.
The high-pressure system that was over Great Britain has moved closer to Denmark at the same time as a low-pressure system has moved closer to Norway. The result is a strengthening north-westerly flow over Denmark, of 290-300 degrees.
Temperature: 19-2 ℃
Sea temperature: 21 ℃
Day 4 Live
Day 3 Highlights
How to Follow:
- Results will be available when race commences here - https://aarhus2018.sailing.org/results.
- Videos from the Hempel Sailing World Championships are available here - https://aarhus2018.sailing.org/watch
- Click here to subscribe for live notifications.
- Sailing will be shown live on World Sailing’s YouTube and Facebook Channels from 2-12 August.
SAP SAILING ANALYTICS
- Live tracking, sailor analytics, live weather data and racing status will be available here.
- Follow the event on World Sailing's social networks and get involved in the conversation using #Aarhus2018.
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/worldsailingofficial/
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/worldsailingofficial/ / https://www.instagram.com/aarhus2018/
- Twitter - @worldsailing / @aarhus2018
- All World Sailing international press releases throughout the duration of the World Championships, including the latest news and reports, are available to read here - https://aarhus2018.sailing.org/news
- Click here to sign up to receive all of the latest alerts and announcements from the Worlds.
ABOUT THE HEMPEL SAILING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS AARHUS 2018
Held every four years, the Sailing World Championships is one of the biggest global sailing events in the world and the principal qualification event for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Sailing Competition.
Hempel Sailing World Championships Aarhus Denmark 2018 will include all 10 Olympic boat classes. Kiteboarding will be added to the programme for the first time. The ambition is to make the championships in Aarhus a unique and spectacular event, where sailing is made more popular and accessible than ever before.
The Championships will be held from 30 July to 12 August 2018 and 1,400 sailors from up to 85 nations will race in up to 1,000 boats.
Held simultaneously with the Sailing World Championships in Aarhus, a large festival will provide opportunities visiting families to get out on the water. The event expects to draw 400,000 visitors to Aarhus.